Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why I Write (A Poem?)

Why do I write?

I write because I must
Because there is a part of me which yearns to be free
A voice – If I can call it that – that seeks formation from deep within me
Writing is where I feel at one with this voice
It’s ancient yet fresh, wise yet childish, real yet mysterious.

I write because I feel alive when I do
When sounds seize to beseech me and silence envelops the world around me
Only then do I taste the fruit of my own muse.

I write because I love to
Because if I don’t I will never know this part of me that yearns to be free
Never live through this child within me.

As a small child I sought its elusive melody
Always venturing out of sight as soon as I caught glance of its rays
I sought it when life couldn’t bring me joy, when family couldn’t bring me love, and when friends couldn’t bring me understanding.
I sought it when I was alone in a world that didn’t seem right for me, in a society that didn’t seem to work for me, and in a culture that seemed totally different than me.

Writing is where I fit in
It’s where the melodies of my life find harmony
Where my frustrations with the world find understanding and acceptance.

Writing is where I connect with the world, with society, and with my culture
It’s where I find solace, purpose, and possibility.
It’s where everything seems right, despite all the tragedies of life.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. "I write because I must' - I feel the same way. Thanks so much for the follow, am glad I found your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you begin a MLM business, it is important to listen to other successful multi-level marketers. The main component to a successful MLM is business that everyone involved helps each other. The theory is that success for one means success for all. You can support each other for best success. When they help you, they help themselves.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. To effectively quit smoking, have a plan mapped out. Take some time to prepare yourself by writing down the steps you will take to quit, who you will call for support, and what you will do if you should slip up. Putting these things in writing makes them concrete, and it is much like making a contract with yourself. This can have a very powerful affect on your mindset, helping you to stay focused on your journey toward quitting.satta king

    ReplyDelete