Friday, May 27, 2011

Things I Feel Inside

If life passes me by
Like a wave I fail to ride
Oh what shame I’d have
What sorrow I’d feel
What pain I’d feel inside!

Life is an opportunity
A chance, and a possibility
It’s up to me to create my story
To live to the best my ability
And be sure this life was true for me

The creator lies within
I am alone, yet always with Him
If I choose to glide
Choose to ride the waves of life
Will I have the strength, the will, the dreams
The love and hope I need to survive

What dreams will I achieve
What passions will I grow
What struggles will I come to know?

5 comments:

  1. Great poetry. The story of life is described in a very descriptive and natural way. Thanks for sharing the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason, great piece - really sounds like it came from the heart.

    I also took a look through your earlier posts and was very moved by the personal story you posted in September. I wanted to give you a big hug - but don't worry. it's probably an age thing and I'm sure there's a pill for it! I'm so pleased you finally found that copy of the Hobbit.

    Thanks for the follow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might enjoy the weekly poetry jam - check it out here http://poetryjaam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a feeling most writer feel... or I would imagine any artist really. Nice poem BTW, it rang true and made me ponder my situation in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I love the optimism in your poem. We don't know where life will take us, but we can choose to enjoy every moment.

    The Write Soil

    ReplyDelete